Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is baby soap a good alternative to kitten shampoo?

We got a kitten last night who smells horrible, smells like someone washed her in fabric softener...I don't have any kitten shampoo just yet but have plenty of baby soap, I heard it was okay to use that?





I would wait until tomorrow to get the soap, but I have a scent allergy and I can't even go near her or I get a migraine.Is baby soap a good alternative to kitten shampoo?
I hope you have a welding apron and gloves. I would try just plain water first, then if need be baby soap, but the bare minimum.Is baby soap a good alternative to kitten shampoo?
The baby soap would not be good for the kittens coat of skin. The PH balance is not the same, and you will find that the coat will be very dry and may cause the kitten to itch. Why not just rinse the kitten in warm water and massage the water through the fur gently. This may be all that is needed.
I think it would be ok. I think most baby shampoos tend to be pretty gentle. And it's a one time thing, right?





Just be sure not to get any in its eyes, and rinse rinse rinse!





If at first you don't succeed, I wouldn't wash it a second time. The smell will disapate (how the heck do you spell that?) fairly quickly.
Baby soap should be okay since it's gentle, like RuneAmok says. Also, Dawn dishwashing soap will also work, if you have that. But nothing that has antibacterial on it should be used.
I would rinse the kitten in warm water and skip the detergents altogether.
if soap is needed, yes use that


but if they really arent tht dirty, just use warm water

No comments:

Post a Comment