Thursday, January 7, 2010

Should I wash my dog with Dish soap or Kitten shampoo?

As i have no money and only have these available, should I use Dawn dish soap or Magic coat( A tearless shampoo for cats and kittens) to wash my poodle?Should I wash my dog with Dish soap or Kitten shampoo?
I've used human shampoo on my dog in a pinch but it was Johnson and Johnsons No More Tears Baby Shampoo...I use it to wash the dogs face.





Unless the dog absolutely needs a bath right now, you can wait until you get the right kind of shampoo. Dogs don't need baths too often anyway. Give him a good brushing and see if it helps.





Everyone gets stuck between paydays. I understand...just get some dog shampoo when you get paid.Should I wash my dog with Dish soap or Kitten shampoo?
I'd go with the Cat shampoo as Dawn dishsoap is very harsh. Just make sure you don't shampoo your dog too often because it will strip the natural and essential oils from your dog's skin. If you can go as long as a month, that would be the best for her, but if you can't wait that long it's recommended that you at least wait to do it every 10 days. Whenever you have a little money to spare, it would be great if you could get a natural, high quality shampoo that doesn't have harsh detergents in it. I recommend Doc. Ackermans Colloidal Oatmeal Shampoo or Cloud Star Buddy Wash Lavender %26amp; Mint.





To learn more about grooming check out: http://www.peaceful-organic-planet.com/n鈥?/a>
Stick to a shampoo made specifically for dogs. The dollar store offers dog shampoo for just $1. I'm not sure about the cat shampoo, but I know that dish detergent is NOT good for the dog's skin. It will irritate the skin. You'd be better off just using water and making sure you thoroughly rinse the dog.
The kitten shampoo would be MUCH better than dish soap or baby shampoo, both of which are too harsh for a dog's coat and skin. Why exactly does the poodle need a bath? Unless he rolled in something stinky or ran in mud, the dog probably doesn't need to be washed in anything.
I used dog shampoo, but if I didn't have that option, I would definitely go with Dawn. My vet recommended that to me, anyway. Just make sure dilute it and rinse well, as someone has already said.
I would have to imagine that the kitten shampoo is close if not the same as the puppy shampoo. I would use that. Although they do us Dawn for wildlife animals that are caught in the oil spills. Anyways I would use the kitten shampoo.
if you don't have money how do you care for your dog?! If you don't have money you shouldn't have a dog. What if it were to get sick.





Get dog shampoo or you will cause discomfort to your dog.
The Dawn is fine if you dilute it (put an inch in the bottom of a shampoo bottle, fill the rest with water), and make sure you rinse VERY well.
I would suggest a second job or a good friend who wants a poodle.





Also I would suggest the kitten shampoo, at least it's designed for mammals (not dishware).
Neither!!! There are all kinds of shampoo's on the market specifically for dogs. How did you afford a poodle, but you can't afford proper shampoo???
DO NOT use the dawn....it will dry your puppy skin too much....the kitten shampoo is about the same as puppy shampoo so use that....and put some conditioner on it after that and rinse
i would use baby shampoo as dish washing liquid may be a bit harsh on the skin and a cat shampoo is formulated for cats coats only
If ya wash your dog in kitten shampoo he may start meowing. Use baby shampoo
Try a baby shampoo
Use your shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment