Monday, December 28, 2009

How often can you bathe a dog with a soap-free shampoo?

I heard you can use a soap-free shampoo if you need to bathe your dog more often. I know once a month is better, but my yorkie plays outside with our other dogs and gets covered in dirt and dog slobber. What is a good one? Do I still follow up with a conditioner? I brush and comb her daily, but a weekly bath she needs!How often can you bathe a dog with a soap-free shampoo?
You can use pure castile or or Nutrogena for frequent bathing. Light conditioner is fine..How often can you bathe a dog with a soap-free shampoo?
this might sound weird but a dog should only be bathed every 3 months so its natural oils dont come out but you can rinse down your dog as often as you want i was told by this from a vet because same thing happened to me plz trust me cause ive been breeding since i was 7 good luck pick me plz
I have a white toy-poodle and he does the same thing. I usually give him a weekly bath, or lightly rinse with temperate water when he gets really dirty. If things are not too bad try using wet-wipes. They have special ones for dogs at PetSmart, but the sensitive skin ones like (Huggies Naturals) work well in a pinch.





If your dog's hair is dirty with the feces of other animals, you should clean him immediately. But it is not necessary a complete cleansing. You can leave the mud in his hair till it dries, and then brush it out. It's not recommendable to wash the hair frequently, because it eliminates the waterproof natural agents, and tends to dry out the skin.
People bath their dogs too much and then wonder why they have skin conditions. Your dog only needs a bath once or twice a year. you will ruin the natural balance of oils it needs to keep a good coat. Yes I do take my dogs to the groomers during the hotter months but to tell you the truth that's more for my benefit (shedding) not the dogs. Dogs will need a bath if they get muddy but warm water will do just fine. Sometimes every dog gets into stuff it shouldn't and a spot clean is needed.
I have a pure bred maltese.He is pure white.He needs a bath 2 to 3 times a week.You can use any dog shampoo that is is delicate to their skin.I do use a conditioner because malteses are known to have sensitive skin.I use a oatmeal conditioner made for dogs.My dog has no skin problems and has nice pink skin.
just use a puppy or baby shampoo if you really need it, but water alone is fine too, just make sure you brush her to get the clumps out.
I don't think you do conditoner. Give her a weekly bath if she needs it.
It really depends on the dog. I have 2 papillons and my boyfriend has a boston terrier, and all three get weekly baths and have never had a problem with it. You don't necessarily have to use a shampoo labeled soap-free, just avoid heavy-duty deep cleaning shampoos. Try puppy shampoo, oatmeal shampoo, or a shampoo/conditioner in one formula. As long as you don't notice your dog's skin becoming dry or irritated, weekly baths are just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment