Thursday, December 24, 2009

When is it ok to use adult soap and shampoo on kids ?

My daughter is two about to turn three and her Dad thinks it's about Time we started using Regular soaps on her I disagree I am Affraid it will dry her skin and hair out. So when is it ok to use Regular soap and shampoo?When is it ok to use adult soap and shampoo on kids ?
You could use adult shampoo and/or conditioner on your child now... they have mild versions. However, I still use baby shampoo solely because it doesn't sting kids eyes. I used adult shampoo on my 6 year old once and he went beserk when some got in his eye and it stung like crazy. Same issue with soap.





So I'd say use baby products until she can shampoo and whatnot without getting it in her eyes.....When is it ok to use adult soap and shampoo on kids ?
i didnt kno there was a difference...lol Report Abuse

Well for the hair it depends on the type. My oldest has the oddest hair. Blonde, Thick, Curly underneith and strait on the top. We have to use adult shampoo and conditoner on her and had to for a while. If her hair is really thick you may want to, other wise just move to an all in one kids, you can get for $2. as far as soap it depends on her skin. I would use dove if he insist.
I started using regular soap on my oldest when he turned three. It dried his hair and skin out really badly. I switched back to the kids shampoo + conditioner and adult body wash instead of bar soap. This combination works perfectly. I started using adult body wash on my two year old without the drying effects as well.
i wouldn't. baby shampoo is more gentle on their skin. my son is 3 and he just started using the kids shampoo (not adults but not baby stuff anymore - he informed me he was a big boy now lol). plus i think it's best to have a tear free shampoo for them too.





good luck :)
my daughter is 3 and i still use baby soap and shampoo on her but i also use adult conditioner. i will probably use baby stuff until she is about 5 or so, idk. im with you on thinking it may dry her out...
my son was around 2 and a half and we goofed and used the wrong stuff on him. and he loved smelling like daddy. hes been using the same soap as his daddy ever since
i would say untill about 5 or 6...when she is ready! i used baby johnson on my little brother until about that age.....but we always used adult soap, his skin was always soft and fine :)
You can use those products now. Use lotion for dry skin. Start reading labels of these products, you will be surprised to find that they are much the same.
My daughter is almost 5 years old and she still uses the Suave kids shampoo and conditioner and Body Wash!!! They smell good and she loves them so I just keep using them on her.


It's all up to you when you want to start using regular soaps. They shouldn't dry out her skin, but you never know.


Try the Suave kids shampoo and body wash. They also have the KANDOO frog body wash foam. My daughter loves that stuff and it leaves her skin really moisturize.
In my opinion you can go ahead and use adult soaps and shampoo. I really have no choice with my daughter because of her excema but I use Aveeno bath soap on her and she uses whatever shampoo I use.
When she knows to keep her eyes closed so shampoo doesn't get into them. It is really up to you. I switched to loreal kids. It smells good and is tear free!
My son's pediatrician told me that Dove soap is in fact milder than baby soap. My son had mild eczema and tends to have very dry skin. So I was told to use either Cetaphil (which is expensive) or Dove (much cheaper). The only thing about using Dove is that you have to be careful it doesn't get into his eyes. I used Cetaphil for a while then switched to using Dove on my son since he was a little over a year old.
  • loan forgiveness
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment