Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it ok to use shampoo instead of soap for showers?

So I just got out of the shower, and while in there I noticed the soap was gone. Since I was already in the water, and didn't want to find a new bar at the moment I improvised and used the foam from my shampoo.





So my question is there an issue with using shampoo to improvise for soap, or should you always use shampoo for your hair, and soap for your body?Is it ok to use shampoo instead of soap for showers?
Soap is more recommended for the body, but in emergency situations, shampoo was a good choice. I don't recommend cleansing yourself with shampoo though, it can dry up your skin and also, if you don't rinse it completely, it can make your skin itchy after your skin dries.Is it ok to use shampoo instead of soap for showers?
It is not a big problem that u use shampoo instead of soap for the body but you may feel slimy after a bit and the strength of the soap is not equal compared to the shampoo. however if u used it the other way around then you might have some trouble.
i dont see why you couldnt... just keep it away from sensitive areas...
I think the only thing would be that shampoo could be to rough on your skin. Like using bubble bath as body wash is to harsh for you skin.


It's not bad that you used shampoo, but it probably doesn't wash as well as soap, seeing as shampoo is meant for hair, and soap for skin.
Nooo! Alright I learned this in Biology. Dont use soap because it damages your hair because its a base. Shampoo is good for your hair because its made out of an acid. If you put a base in your hair it damages it while and acid such as shampoo is good for your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment