Thursday, December 24, 2009

When can i start washing my baby with regular soap and adult shampoo?

seriously i started pantene 2/1 since about 18 months and 2 years for both my girls. My girls have gorgeous long thick perfect hair and i seriously contribute some of that to it. We only used baby soap for the first like year maybe..then on to the toddler stuff..then we just went to adult. Like bar soaps, body wash and pantene 2 in 1.When can i start washing my baby with regular soap and adult shampoo?
My son is 8 years old now and I finally decided he was old enough to use the big boy soap (his dads soap lol) but he still uses the tear free Suave shampoo. Kids still get soap in their eyes and it burns them, when this happens it causes them to not want to wash their hair anymore you don't want this to happen! I went weeks without washing my hair when I was a kid because I burned my eyes with the soap over and over and said ';screw it!'; lol Till thankfully grandma found out why I wasn't washing my hair and gave me tear free shampoo, bless her heart lol.


Even adults burn their eyes with soap and we all know it's no fun. Imagine how it feels for a small child or baby. You don't want them to be terrified of baths.





They have different stages of soaps and shampoos as your child grows. Depending on the age of your child check out the stage he or she should be using. A baby should continue using baby soap until kindergarten, and then switch to the ';big kid'; soaps that are still tear free and safe for sensitive skin.When can i start washing my baby with regular soap and adult shampoo?
Well instead of baby soap there is kids soap and shampoo like Loreal kids.





If you child is under 2 I'd probably stick to using baby soap and then after 2 switch to the kids soap.





Then around 8 I would allow them to use adult soap as long as it did not irritate their skin.





I was showering on my own at about 5 years old and recall using pert plus kids shampoo and then a kids body wash.





Adult shampoo happened at about 8.
Gosh I don't even do that to my 6 yr old (unless I happen to run out of the childrens stuff). if shampoo or soap gets in their eyes it will burn. So atleast wait until they are old enough to know to close their eyes. Also wait for atleast a yr because our stuff isn't hypoallergenic like babies.
Can I suggest you check into www.ewg.org and look up consumer products . By reviewing the consumer products link under health you will see some scary facts re ingredients in all personal care products but they also give info on the best products.....good luck- hope you find it helpful
yeah i still use baby wash and kids tear free shampoo on my toddlers, the shampoo wont sting their eyes and the soap doesnt dry out their skin
When he is old enough to take his own shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment